About Bayswater Education
We want to inspire and educate the next generation
Bayswater Education was established in 2017 by a team of experienced professionals in the international education industry. The business is for profit but has a social mission at its core.
The commitment to operate on a one for one basis is enshrined in our business. For every week of tuition that a student studies with us, we will give a week of education to underprivileged people from where our students are recruited. We set out to create a global network of Colleges, focusing initially on teaching English to International students.
By the end of 2022 the group consisted of a portfolio of year-round locations (in the UK, France, South Africa, and Canada), English and Vocational courses, and a large summer school business.
Our Bayswater Summer operation is back for 2023 and we are looking for experienced and enthusiastic summer staff to deliver successful experiences for our clients.
London- University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)---- 28th June to 18th August
London- University of Westminster (Harrow Campus)--- 28th June to 18th August
Oxford- Oxford Brookes University (Headington Campus)--- 28th June to 18th August
Cyprus- UCLAN University
General Duties and responsibilities
- Must attend senior training course
- Provide the best possible language learning experience, through excellent customer service
- Support students throughout their courses, ensuring their enjoyment and maximising their involvement; first point of contact for anything they need, including pastoral support
- Liaise with the Bayswater team on bookings and requirements to ensure appropriate arrangements are made for all students taking into account any specific requirements the players may have
- Act as the main safeguarding appointed person at the centre
- Participate in management and Group Leader meetings
- Complete weekly administrative duties in a timely manner
- Assist the Centre Manager with the day-to-day running of the centre
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with facility providers (accommodation, catering, classrooms etc.), ensuring that services are delivered in line with our agreement and dealing with problems effectively
- Ensure welfare is a priority and the Safeguarding Policy is adhered to; report suspicions, allegations, or incidents to the designated member of the operations staff
- Hold daily/weekly meetings to ensure the students are happy and safe. Record all feedback on school database
- Liaise with Accommodation & Welfare departments at Bayswater and report any necessary feedback
- Remain vigilant, and ensure that students and colleagues’ safety is a priority at all times
- Support the activity team in the running of all activities and excursions; making sure they are interesting and educational, and ensuring all safeguarding and welfare requirements are fulfilled
- Support Bayswater in retaining its accreditations, for example British Council
- Attend the airport for meet and greets
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required
What We Are Looking For
- Must hold an up-to-date DBS check
- Previous experience working with children and/or teenagers
- Safeguarding or welfare qualification or experience of working in this area
- Put the students at the heart of everything they do and have a passion for delivering great service
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Ability to manage and create programmes
- Able to complete all types of administration duties
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to create and sustain working relationships with children and young adults
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- A team player who encourages and supports their colleagues
- Capable of acting on own initiative
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Safeguarding Level One qualification or equivalent
- Previous experience at summer camps
- Current first aid certificate
- An appropriate qualification (e.g., Playwork, Childcare or Sports Leadership)
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure
Salary and Benefits
-Salary of between £731-£800 per week. This figure includes holiday pay. There will be a deduction of £63.70 for your room and board. For full salary breakdown please see the job overview on our website.
-Accommodation and full board provided
-A strong commitment to providing you with in-service support, training and professional development sessions
Bayswater is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy you will be asked to explain any gaps in your work and education history. You will also be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check and provide the contact details of at least 2 referees, who will be asked specifically if they have any concerns about your suitability to work with people under 18. Evidence of eligibility to work in the UK must be provided at interview stage.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Serviced check before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.